Thursday, October 14, 2010

show and tell

So yesterday I decided to trek on over to my local thrift store to see what they've got. I needed new solids for sashing a quilt and thrift stores are always a bundle of fun.  While I didn't quite find what I originally set out to find, I did find several project inspirations.  I picked up some 100% wool sweaters that were already heavily felted for some upcycle projects.  Not completely sure what yet. Maybe a felted blanket? or maybe a pillow? scarf? I'm just going to super felt them by washing them with hot water and soap and rinsing with cold water.  I'm sure something will come to me.

While I was there, I also found a bag with random stuff in it. From what I could tell, there were some lace trimmings and some sort of clasps. 

Vintage Bonnie Clasps. Not sure exactly what I will do with it since I don't make clothing

Some old ribbons that will find their way into a future project


A close up of the blue ribbon. It's very pretty and in that shade of dark blue that  is just so pretty :)

Also, these lace trimmings. The package said they're suppose to be elastic, but I think time took that away. Now, they're just pretty lace trimmings with no elastic. 
Along with the vintage pretties and wool sweaters, I also saw bags and bags of yarn.  I was going to buy several bags of these 100% wool yarn. However, they were in this drabby brown and tan colors. While I do love browns, it just didn't look right, and I didn't have any projects in mind.  Instead, I picked up these babies:




It's 3.75 skeins of Yarn Bee Fleece Lite in Cranberries.  I've seen them in stores before, and they normally cost $4-$5 per skein, and I picked ALL of these up for less than $5. STEAL!!!! The color in these pictures are darker than what these yarns are.  In real life, they're more like this bright pink with black threadings.  Very very pretty. I predict it will end up in one of my friend's xmas present!

No comments:

Post a Comment